Wednesday, 10 October 2012

Paris, Texas (1984)


Tom:
Paris, Texas,1984,West Germany
Director: Wim Wenders
Stars: Harry Dean Stanton, Natassja

photo-paris-texas-1984-3-2

Walt: I thought you were afraid of heights.
Travis: I'm not afraid of heights. I'm afraid of fallin'.

I'd wanted to see Wim Wenders' "Paris, Texas" for so long now, That when I finally saw it, I was sure my idiotic mind wouldn't be able to comprehend its utter brilliance. Fortunently I was wrong.

I'm a person who believes very passionately in the power and magic of films, Call me crazy or overly sentimental but I believe that certain films have the power to change lives. Paris, Texas is one of those films. A tale of redemption,righting wrongs and picking up the pieces.

The film opens with a ragged man walking through a Texas desert, That man is Travis Henderson (Harry Dean Stanton,who delivers a Tour de force performance) We as the audience don't know anything about the man but we instantly feel he's pain. Travis is found by his brother Walt (Dean Stockwell) who attempts to bring him to back to civilization and to meet the son he abandoned Four years earlier. Travis realises the hell he has put the people he loves in and attempts to right wrongs by locating his wife and the mother of his child.

Paris, Texas is an utterly amazing masterpiece.The film features Perfect Performances,Perfect Cinematography,Perfect score,Perfect Pacing and Perfect Direction.

Wim Wenders' created an unforgettable Cinematic experience with this film, One that will live with you forever. A Perfect Film.

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment