Friday, 26 October 2012

Bronson (2008)

Tom:
Bronson,2009,UK
Director: Nicolas Winding Refn
Stars: Tom Hardy,Kelly Adams & Luing Andrews

''You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to fuck with do you understand? I am Charlie Bronson, I am Britain's most violent prisoner.'' - Charles Bronson

Tom Hardy is absolutely impeccable in this fantastic,enthralling and gritty true story of Britain's "Most Violent Prisoner'' Michael Gordon Peterson, or better known by his alter ego Charles Bronson.

I was a huge fan of Director Nicolas Winding Refn's Drive (Who wasn't) The film was just so well made and so beautifully Directed. I had always heard about ''Bronson'' but not until last week did I actually know that Refn actually Directed the film. I finally got around to seeing it, and what an immersing and incredible experience it was. I am now already prepared to call Refn a great filmmaker, Hes job here is phenomenal, he moves this film along at a rapid pace and in only around 90 minutes Refn is able to create an intricate portrait of Bronson's very eventful life.

As good as Refn efforts are behind the camera they would be in vain if he didn't have Tom Hardy in front of it. I'm trying to think of an exact word in which could describe his performance, I think I'm going to have to go with 'complete', yes that may be a lackluster word for such a remarkable effort but I choose it because it is one of the most well rounded and realistic performances I have seen in a long time, Hardy IS Bronson, He becomes him, He is completely immersed in such a unique human being and immortalizes him on film.

Bronson is such an amazing experience, I can not believe it took me so long to finally get around to watching it. Nicolas Winding Refn does an incredible job with the source material while Tom Hardy gives the performance of a lifetime.

****

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! One of the girls I work with at DISH raved about this movie for a long time, and now that I've seen it, I’m disappointed in myself for not doing so sooner! I at first rented it with my Blockbuster @Home package, but now that I know what it's all about I'm willing to spend the money on the actual DVD, if I can find it. I give huge props to Refn and Tom Hardy for this film too, and honestly don't think it would have been the same without Hardy as the front man. He is so versatile in his acting and does such a great job in this that I’m rather surprised I didn’t know of Tom Hardy sooner! It was great! Thank you for sharing your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I definitely think this film deserves a wider audience. Absolutely! Hardy's performance is beyond incredible and Refn's efforts are masterful. Your welcome! thank you for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete