Monday, 3 October 2011

Annie Hall (1977)

Tom:
Annie Hall,1977,USA
Director: Woody Allen
Stars:Woody Allen,Diane Keaton and Tony Roberts

"I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member.That's the key joke of my adult life in terms of my relationship with women."

Annie Hall is directed by and stars Woody Allen as a neurotic New York comedian Alvy Singer who falls in love with a women named Annie Hall.Annie Hall won 4 Academy Awards including Best Picture. This is definitely one of my favourite Best Picture winners of all time. Annie Hall is an absolute masterpiece.The film is witty,charming and hilarious,the acting is terrific from Allen as Alvy and Diane Keaton as the title character. there is also a great supporting cast including Tony Roberts,Carol Kane,Shelly Duvall and Christopher Walken.The film is beautifully written and brilliantly Directed By Allen.Overall Annie Hall is in my opinion one of if not the greatest Romantic Comedy ever made. This is Woody Allen's masterpiece and I cant recommend it highly enough, One of my favourite films.

Tom: 4/4

No comments:

Post a Comment