Saturday, 24 September 2011

Solaris (2002)

Tom:
Solaris,2002,USA
Director: Steven Soderberg
Cast: George Clooney,Natasha Mcelhone and Viola Davis




Director Steven Soderbergh said about this film that " if the audience dosent enjoy the first 10 minutes of this movie, they might as well leave", I think I would have been one of these people if I saw Solaris in theaters. The film stars George Clooney as a troubled Psychologist who is sent to investigate the crew of an isolated research station orbiting a bizarre planet. I didn't enjoy Solaris from the very start, the film was trying to hard to be "2001: A Space Odyssey" and to be deep and meaningful instead of the entertaining joy ride it could have been, I didn't think the two lead actors (Clooney and Natascha McElhone) were right for the film at all and although Clooney is a great actor but I didn't enjoy his performance here and I think the original choice of Daniel Day Lewis would have been better for the role, I also think Viola Davis, a great actress was under used here. Overall I really didn't enjoy Solaris with a good cast and a great director I really wish it could have been a great and enjoyable film.

Tom: 1.5/4

(1st movie of the holidays )

No comments:

Post a Comment